Want to carry a firearm? then you must know how to use it safely.
Sifu Fred is a certified NRA firearms instructor and can show you exactly how to use your firearm safely.
This class can be taken one-on-one or with friends. If you didn’t know where to start, you’re at the right place. This class teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely. This course is about 4 hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols.
You’ll learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling, pistol parts and operation, ammunition, shooting fundamentals, range rules, shooting from the benchrest position, and two-handed standing positions, cleaning the pistol, and continued opportunities for skill development. You will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting Handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, and a course completion certificate.
Topics covered to include:
- Prerequisites: None. The material is suitable for all, including appropriately supervised, mature children. Minimum age is 8 years old.
- To teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and using a pistol safely.
- Pistol knowledge, safe gun handling, ammunition knowledge, fundamentals of pistol shooting, two-handed shooting position, firing the first shots, cleaning, storage, pistol sports and activities.
- Course Completion: Students will receive feedback on all live-fire exercises.
- This course satisfies practical requirements for the Florida Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit.